Here are few guidelines to prevent your child from eye injuries;
- Dont let your children play with sealed bottles.
- When you open a bottle, keep the nozzle from your face and eyes.
- Remember that plastic bottles or cans are much safer for your children than glass bottles.
- Keep bottles in fridge and not in freezer.
- Choose safe toys for your children, which suit their age. Avoid buying darting toyssuch as bow and arrow, which may hit or injure the eye from a distance.
- Watch your children while at play, and teach them safe activities. Stone throwing during play may cause severe injuries, which could be avoided.
- Keep detergents, disinfectants and chemicals in a safe place and out of reach for children.
- Dont let your child play with fireworks which are dangerous.
- Keep the children away from kitchen ware which could harm them.
- Teach your children how to protect their eyes by wearing sunglasses when they are out. You should also prevent them from looking directly at the sun.
- Dont allow your children to use laser pens.
Prevention is the best way to protect your children's sight.